Libraries participating in the Winter Reading Program are asked to conduct the following survey of people participating in activities or programs advertised as part of the Winter Reading Program.
These questions were created by PLA to collect outcome data for summer reading
- You learned something new that is helpful
- You and/or your children’s overall confidence improved
- You and/or your children will increase use of the newly learned skills
- You and/or your children are more aware of applicable resources and services provided by the library
- What did you like most about the program?
- What could the library do to improve your children’s learning?
Library staff are asked to collect as many surveys as possible. There are several methods to collect the data and we want each library to use the method that works best for them. Here are a few suggestions:
- Print, cut in half and hand out surveys before,during or after a program or event.
- Post the survey online
- Orally ask questions and record responses.
- Please note, if you survey children or adults, please make note of age ranges.
Here is a printable version of the survey.
Collect, compile and return
- Collect them any time in person or create a winter reading survey box. (Maybe you could make a bookmobile out of a tissue box and the bookmobile winter reading artwork.)
- If you have the staff and time to compile the data into one file, do so and then email the data to email@example.com
- If you don't have the time to compile the information, just put all your surveys in an envelope and mail to the state library after your Winter Reading program has ended.
c/o Pamela Hoppock
1500 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201