Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Grants and Governance
Click to Jump to Section
South Carolina Library Grants, LSTA Funds, E-Rate Funding
South Carolina Library Laws
Library Governance, Standards and Statistics
Library Directory, Newsletters and More
State Aid to Libraries
- State aid provides additional funding for public libraries to assist them in providing basic levels of service to South Carolina citizens. Funds may be used for salaries, collections, and some operating expenses.
For more information, visit the State Aid to SC Public Libraries section.
- The South Carolina State Library funds projects and services through LSTA funding provided by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the Library Services and Technology Act.
In each Federal fiscal year, a new grant program is designed to meet the needs of South Carolina citizens through programs delivered by the State Library and public libraries.
Visit the LSTA section for:
- Information about LSTA grant programs
- Applications and forms for subgrants
- LSTA legislation, plans, reports, and evaluation
- The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) Schools and Libraries program, also known as the E-rate program, makes telecommunications and information services more affordable for schools and libraries in America. Congress mandated in 1996 that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) use the federal Universal Service Fund (USF) to provide discounted eligible telecommunications, Internet access, and internal connections to eligible schools and libraries.
If you have any questions regarding the E-Rate program or the South Carolina State Library's role in facilitating E-Rate funding for South Carolina public libraries, contact Hannah Majewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 734-1589.
Visit the E-Rate section for more detailed information about the program.
- South Carolina State Library provides continuing education, staff development and training courses to library staff and public library trustees throughout South Carolina.
- Read current and back issues of the State Library More Newsletter.
"Public Library Directors 101" is a four-part video series designed by state librarians, library development directors, and continuing education coordinators around the question, "What do public library directors tell us they wish they had known when they started their job?"
These videos are provided by COSLA, the Chief Officers of State Library Agencies, and are a valuable resource for new library directors and even those thinking about becoming directors. Use the Learner Guide provided with the course to capture your thoughts and ideas about your learning and next steps.
SC State Library Information
Many South Carolina State Library programs, resources and services are supported in whole or in part by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Copyright © South Carolina State Library • All rights reserved