Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Director Contact List
Resources to investigate
Leadership and Politics
- Get a quick perspective on your new job by reading the Urban Libraries Council Leadership Brief: Library Leaders Owning Leadership (PDF).
- Public Libraries Podcast from PLA: In Episode 1, PLA Manager of Publications Kathleen Hughes talks to new library director Douglas Crane (Palm Beach County, Florida, Library System). Prior to and during his first year of serving as a library director, Crane embarked on a project to interview long-time public library directors to learn more about the job and to try and determine what makes a great library director. Episode 1 runtime app. 20 minutes.
Sign Up for Newsletters and Updates
- Sign up for the Listservs that interest you personally and professionally. NOTE: Public library directors have access to two important lists established uniquely for them. The SCAPLA list is maintained by the Association of public Library Directors (APLA). New directors will be contacted with an invitation to join this list. The PUBLIBDIR list is used by the State Library to communicate with directors. Your contact information will be automatically added to this list.
- Check out the Social Media in South Carolina outlets and information.
- Take a look at the South Carolina State Library MORE Newsletter.
Connect with your Colleagues
SC State Library Information
Many South Carolina State Library programs, resources and services are supported in whole or in part by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Copyright © South Carolina State Library • All rights reserved