Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
LSTA Impact Grant for federal fiscal year 2021 is now OPEN.
IMPORTANT - Please read before applying for LSTA funds
Grants of Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds are available for public libraries across South Carolina. Reimbursement of related expenses is available for programs that allow libraries to develop, expand, deliver, or promote services and programs that are related to the six federal purposes.*
* The six Federal purposes as outlined in LSTA (20 U.S.C. 9141) are:
- Expanding services for learning and access to information and educational resources in a variety of formats, in all types of libraries, for individuals of all ages;
- Developing library services that provide all users with access to information through local, state, regional, national, and international electronic networks;
- Providing electronic and other linkages among and between all types of libraries;
- Developing public and private partnerships with other agencies and community-based organizations;
- Targeting library services to individuals of diverse geographic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, to individuals with disabilities, and to individuals with limited functional literacy or information skills;
- Targeting library and information services to persons having difficulty using a library and to underserved urban and rural communities, including children (from birth through age 17) from families with incomes below the poverty line.
For additional information on LSTA grants in South Carolina, contact the LSTA Coordinator, Wendy Coplen, (803) 734-0436.
To submit a comment or complaint about the administration of LSTA grants, please contact the SCSL Director, Leesa Aiken, (803) 734-8668.
SC State Library Information
Many South Carolina State Library programs, resources and services are supported in whole or in part by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Copyright © South Carolina State Library • All rights reserved