Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Available Grant Program Applications and Information
LSTA Mini-Grant Applications
General Information about LSTA
Applying for LSTA Grants
LSTA grants are available when notice is given in this libguide, under the conditions described. All LSTA grants use an application process, each program having a specific application form and instructions. Explore the resources below to learn more about how to apply for an LSTA grant, how to design a competitive application, and other information about grant management.
For additional information on LSTA grants in South Carolina, contact the LSTA Coordinator, Alexandra Sanders, (803) 734-8917.
To submit a comment or complaint about the administration of LSTA grants, please contact the SCSL Director, Leesa Aiken, (803) 734-8668.
LSTA Grant Descriptions
The LSTA Grants Program for FFY22 (October 2022 - September 2023) includes the following funding opportunities:
- Impact Grants. Application period for the FFY22 cycle (State FY23) is open.
- LSTA Mini-Grants. Projects will be announced as they become available.
- Summer Reading & Learning Program Grants. Grants up to $1,000 will be available for Summer Reading Programs in 2023. This funding program is for public libraries only.
- Tuition Assistance Grants. These are available in limited amounts for each semester. Tuition grant applications are OPEN for the Fall 2022 session.
- Continuing Education Grants. Application is open for CE opportunities including conference attendance. Typical awards are $750 for in-state conferences/classes and $1000 for out-of-state conferences/classes, and $500 for a multi-session online course.
- Planning Grants. Grants up to $2500 are for funding strategic planning and community needs assessment for public libraries. Planning grant applications will be available soon.
Note on grant expenditures for mileage reimbursement: For grants with travel that includes mileage (driving a car instead of flying), the rate of reimbursement is 62.5 cents/mile.
SC State Library Information
Many South Carolina State Library programs, resources and services are supported in whole or in part by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Copyright © South Carolina State Library • All rights reserved